Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

POE

For all discussion about the IEC application process

POE

by alec » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:48 pm

See if I've received my POE letter, do I have to get any visas in my passport before I go?
alec
Departure Lounge

by alec » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Also, the letter I received from IEC (POE, i think) states I must enter Canada by August 2018, does this mean my visa is valid until then, or is my visa valid for 2 years from the day I enter Canada before August 2018?
alec
Departure Lounge

by bankofdad » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:01 pm

alec wrote:Also, the letter I received from IEC (POE, i think) states I must enter Canada by August 2018, does this mean my visa is valid until then, or is my visa valid for 2 years from the day I enter Canada before August 2018?

It means exactly that enter Canada by the specific day in August 2018 or lose it.

As long as you arrive by that date with the POE letter , 2 years travel insurance, proof of access to 2500 cdn in the form of a bank statement no older than 7 days you should get issued a 2 year permit.

Nothing is ever guaranteed with CBSA but thats how it should work, although there have been surprises where despite people having everything to hand they only got 12 months with no explanation.

Sometimes according other posters CBSA dont bother asking for anything but the POE but they are supposed to ask for everything .The 2 years starts from the day you land in Canada.
bankofdad
Landing

by grizzling » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Hey,

sorry this isn't a direct reply to your question, but I was wondering if you mind telling how long it took to receive the POE letter after your work permit has been approved?

I can't find the processing time for that on the CIC website and I'm getting worried something went wrong with my application.

Thank you so much in advance for replying.

And congrats on your POE :)
grizzling
Checking In

by alec » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:16 pm

It took about 6 months to be invited to apply and after I had applied and paid, It took about 2 weeks to get POE. Let me when you're travelling to Canada, we could meet up?
alec
Departure Lounge

Return to IEC Application

User Menu

Login