Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme


For all general discussion


by becca » Sun May 14, 2017 11:09 am


I've got my visa and I'm flying out to Canada in 3 weeks. However I'm finding different stories if I need to get and ETA (Electrong travel authorisation)
or not? I hope I haven't left it too late if I do need one!

I'm from the UK.

Any advice?

User avatar
Checking In
Posts: 2
Joined: May 2017
Location: england

by bankofdad » Mon May 15, 2017 7:28 am

So if you read page 2 of your confirmation letter (POE)you will find that an ETA was granted at the same time. Also if you access your mycic account and open the correspondence section for the approval confirmation it will show up there. Since I believe 8/2015 all immigration or work/ or student permit applications when approved if they needed an ETA one would be created automatically upon approval.
User avatar
Posts: 411
Joined: January 2014
Location: UK

Return to General Discussion


User Menu