Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

Traffic History for Australia

For all discussion about the IEC application process

by Coopy_6 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry if i am creating a new topic for this. I previously applied for a traffic history when applying for IEC Visa. I am now in Canada wanting to apply for Permanent Residency, but I cannot fully remember how I applied for my Australian Traffic History, that now being about 2 years ago since i did it. Can anyone help me out?

I went on the QLD transportation website and want to know, can i apply online or do I have to send things off by mail like I think I did when I last applied?
Currently in Canada on IEC Working Holiday visa - Applying for PR Express Entry via Canadian Experience Class
Coopy_6
Take Off

by JoMcVeigh » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi Coopy_6

Sorry to go off topic but I see you are applying for PR via Canadian Experience Class like me. Do you know if we need to sit a medical for this, I can't see any mention of it in the check list documents I've been looking into? Also when applying for the Canadian Experience Class option I'm assuming we just do this through our pre-existing accounts which we created when applying for the IEC program. I see "Express Entry" in my account so assuming this is the pool I am going to submit into?

The police checks I assume are identical to the ones we obtained for our IEC but now we will now require a Canadian check also?

Joanne
JoMcVeigh
Take Off

by Coopy_6 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi Joanne,

Sorry I thought I replied to you yesterday, but apparently it didn't send.

Yes we do need a medical. I believe you'll need to upload it on the list of documents where you upload your police clearance etc. I think it has to be with a specific Dr who can 'sign off' on the medicals for PR applications. Here is a page that helps clearly outline what is needed for CEC:
https://moving2canada.com/canadian-experience-class/

Here is also a link on the immigration page where it also helps you find a Canadian DR in your area/country. (If the link doesn't work it is because I found it after logging in to my account, so let me know if it doesn't work)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... dents.html

I think it should be fine to apply through your existing account that you applied for IEC. I personally won't be able to as I forgot my logins, but I don't see it being an issue.

Since posting my original message, I have found all I need - so yes, the clearance certificates are the same. It just threw me for a moment since it was 2 years ago since I applied and I forgot how I did it and hoped the Australian/Queensland Gov would have made life easier and allowed you to do more online.

Let me know if you need any more help - I am sure we will muddle our way through this together, along with all the other applicants. Fingers crossed it goes well!
Currently in Canada on IEC Working Holiday visa - Applying for PR Express Entry via Canadian Experience Class
Coopy_6
Take Off

by JoMcVeigh » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:04 am

Thanks so much for all the info, I've just starting reading up on what I am going to need and it's pretty overwhelming, really worried in case I make a mistake and then my application for PR is over! I hope it all goes well for you. I'm on this site pretty often so it would be good to continuing sharing tips/ideas.

Joanne
JoMcVeigh
Take Off

Return to IEC Application

User Menu

Login