Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

Definition of 'month' for IEC purposes?

For all discussion about the IEC application process

by matt43 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi everyone, had a look for threads on this subject and didn't see anything so please forgive me if this has been covered before.

I'm currently applying for the IEC and am wondering about how exactly '6 months' is calculated in terms of time spent outside my home country (as you will probably know, spending 6 months or more overseas means that you also have to provide a police certificate from that second country as well).

In my case I was in a second country for just under 6 calendar months, but for more than 6 x 28 days. Say, for example, that I was in Australia from February 8th to August 6th of the same year. Does this count as 6 months for the purposes of the IEC app?
matt43
Checking In

by GemmaOTT » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:18 pm

It used to be six months cumulatively (so three months in Australia in 2016 and then three months again in 2017 would require a police certificate). It has been recently updated to a consecutive six month period. More info on my guide here http://offtracktravel.ca/how-apply-cana ... 018-guide/
IEC participant 2011 and 2012. Became Permanent Resident via common law sponsorship in 2014.

IEC guides & advice at offtracktravel.ca
GemmaOTT
Take Off

Return to IEC Application

User Menu

Login