Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

POE/Correspondence & ETA invalid

For all discussion about the IEC application process

by britanyjc » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Hello!

I just wanted to double check that when people are talking about their POE they're talking about the message you get on the cic site titled 'Correspondence Letter'? And that this is simply a document that you need to show to the immigration people at the other side, as in it doesn't contain some kind of attachment with a work permit?
ALSO
I applied for an eTA, got a confirmation email that it's all approved. When I log onto cic however and go to my work permit homepage, under the "Document status" tab, I have a different eTA number listed, and it it's status is "invalid". Can I change this eTA number to the one that should be valid, if so how?

Thank you
britanyjc
Checking In

by GemmaOTT » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Yes, the POE and Correspondence Letter (with expiry dates) are the same thing. This is the letter you must take to Canada with you along with your proof of funds and insurance.

You would have automatically received an eTA with your POE, see page 2 of the letter. So hence if you separately applied for one it is invalid since you already had one.
IEC participant 2011 and 2012. Became Permanent Resident via common law sponsorship in 2014.

IEC guides & advice at offtracktravel.ca
GemmaOTT
Take Off

Return to IEC Application

User Menu

Login