Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

At what point do they actually check eligibility?

For all discussion about the IEC application process

by spendalifetime » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:51 pm

I first did IEC back in 2011 and I was in Canada for just under two years, which means I must have reapplied for my second year (memory is a little hazy)

So as I understand it, even though the rules have now changed, this would mean that I'm no longer elligble to apply for the IEC again, right?

My question is: When I apply now, at what point in the process would they flag up the fact that I am actually not eligible to apply? Because I applied yesterday (before I saw the two year rule) and they have accepted me into the pool saying that I am eligible...Does that mean maybe I've slipped through the net somehow or have they just not ran my passport information yet and would I just get instantly rejected as soon as I sent off the full application?

Any help appreciated!
spendalifetime
Checking In

by GemmaOTT » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:45 pm

To my knowledge, the first stage just checks basic facts like your age, citizenship etc. So you are very likely to be rejected in the second stage if you receive an invite.
IEC participant 2011 and 2012. Became Permanent Resident via common law sponsorship in 2014.

IEC guides & advice at offtracktravel.ca
GemmaOTT
Take Off

Return to IEC Application

User Menu

Login