Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

Police Certificate

For all discussion about the IEC application process

by lukezanten » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I submitted my application for the IEC Visa. As a part of my application, I had to include a police certificate as a confirmation of good behavior. However, I my home country of the Netherlands one doesn’t simply request such a thing. Firstly I had to fill out a form, then the institution requirering the certificate has to fill out another form and then my municipality has to fill out another form. I have emailed the Canadian Embassy the form that needs to be filled out by them but I had a feeling it’d take longer than 20 days so I decided to upload the application I had to personally fill out as proof of having requested the certificate. Would you guys say that would be sufficient proof? I really don’t want my application to get rejected because of such a small thing. I of course will also provide the actual certificate once I have it but that’ll take another month at least.

Do you think my application might get rejected because of that?
lukezanten
Checking In

by GemmaOTT » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:48 pm

It sounds like it would probably be enough. What is likely to happen is CIC will give you an extension while waiting for the police certificate.
IEC participant 2011 and 2012. Became Permanent Resident via common law sponsorship in 2014.

IEC guides & advice at offtracktravel.ca
GemmaOTT
Take Off

Return to IEC Application

User Menu

Login