Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

2 Questions, 1 Post

For all discussion about the IEC application process

by BritInTokyo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:36 am

Hello forum!
I've searched and read some past posts but can't quite find the answers to my questions, so:

1) Can I apply for the IEC while applying for a Family Class Sponsorship at the same time?
(The FC Sponsorship can take up to 12 months to be decided, I thought applying for IEC would up my chances of being able to get there a little earlier and start living. It's tough being away from your SO for months.

2) Let's say the 2018 Pools open on Oct 17th; Would I apply just before that date, or on the date?
(I know the date isn't announced yet, just for example purposes)

Thanks in advance. :)
BritInTokyo
Checking In

by GemmaOTT » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Late answers but I hope they will still help!

Yes, you can apply for permanent residency while on IEC. I did this!

You can apply as soon as the pools for your country opens. So if it opens on October 17th, you will be able to submit a profile on that date. Invites may not go out for a while though - last year, most pools opened in October but the first round of invites wasn't until December.
IEC participant 2011 and 2012. Became Permanent Resident via common law sponsorship in 2014.

IEC guides & advice at offtracktravel.ca
GemmaOTT
Take Off

by BritInTokyo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Thanks for the reply,
actually it's the other way round though.
I've already applied for PR but I was wondering if I can apply for IEC while waiting.
(I'm outside of Canada)
BritInTokyo
Checking In

by GemmaOTT » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:47 am

Yes, you can do this too!
IEC participant 2011 and 2012. Became Permanent Resident via common law sponsorship in 2014.

IEC guides & advice at offtracktravel.ca
GemmaOTT
Take Off

Return to IEC Application

User Menu

Login