Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

When to apply for 2018

For all discussion about the IEC application process

by oli » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi all,

I have been looking to apply for the IEC with a view to moving by April/May 2018 (if successful). I am from the UK, so that presents a hurdle in itself given the high competition and relatively low number of places. I would apply now but the website lists the number of available spots as 5 and a "very low" likelihood of being accepted.

So my first question is, if I apply now (in the 2017 pool) and ultimately get rejected, am I unable to apply again? My second question is, when does it appear that applications for the 2018 pool will open?

I am completely new to this process having never done anything like it before, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
oli
Checking In

by bankofdad » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:54 am

If you apply now for the 2017 quota very unlikely to be selected and anyway the 2017 pool will at some point close leading up to the 2018 program. Anyone in the pool at that time will need to reapply for the 2018 program which could be announced anytime between November and January. Whilst it is true there is competition for places the selection is a random lottery so everyone has a chance, there is no logic whether applying early or late. Also there is a big drop out rate when people realise it might not be for them, or due to personal circumstances or simply realise they might not have the financial backing to support themselves for what may be an extended period without work.
bankofdad
Landing

by GemmaOTT » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:10 pm

Did you see that they have now added an extra 2,000 places for UK citizens? Definitely get in the pool now if you're not already. The 2018 program has been quoted to open sometime in "late fall," so around October-November.
IEC participant 2011 and 2012. Became Permanent Resident via common law sponsorship in 2014.

IEC guides & advice at offtracktravel.ca
GemmaOTT
Take Off

by KwikTrek » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:54 pm

They normally open late October or November. As stated above 2000 places have been added for this year!

Good Luck, you'll do okay this year.
KwikTrek
Checking In

by Fecrgeoralo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:18 pm

handbags hermes replica hermes,https://www.hermessreplica.com belt hermes hermes the greek bvtctmptkpidfdao Mfgsitwi house of hermes
Fecrgeoralo
Departure Lounge

by Fecrgeoralo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:20 pm

hermes 900 High Quality replica Bags,https://www.topreplica.net vintage hermes kelly hermes children diavpkktqktfgrrk Fbzhjxtc hermes consulting
Fecrgeoralo
Departure Lounge

Return to IEC Application

User Menu

Login