Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

delay in getting New Zealand police check

For all discussion about the IEC application process

by shutupviv » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:32 pm

My bf and I are going through the same thing this year! We were offered ITA's just before Christmas so sent off for our nz police cert as soon as we realised (we should have done it sooner I know!) and I don't think we'll get a reply for them before our Canadian visa applications needs to be submitted. Had anyone had the police certificate extension, what sort of time frame do they give you to produce the certificate? Any information would be amazing! Thanks guys :D
shutupviv
Departure Lounge

by bankofdad » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 am

You don’t get an extension so what you need to do is follow the instructions for police certificates for IEC in the link below. So you provide proof you have applied for one as well as any acknowledgement. As and when immigration want the certificate they will message you. NZ takes the full 20 days and given Xmas could be longer. Read the official link anyway

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... #docs_need
bankofdad
Landing

by bankofdad » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:56 am

You don’t get an extension so what you need to do is follow the instructions for police certificates for IEC in the link below.

Basically you provide proof you have applied for one as well as any acknowledgement. As and when immigration want the certificate they will message you. NZ takes the full 20 days and given Xmas could be longer.

Read the official link anyway and folllow those instructions to avoid any misunderstanding.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... #docs_need
bankofdad
Landing

by Leotjo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:26 pm

I'm still waiting for my NZ police certificate...it's been over 5 weeks now!
Leotjo
Checking In

Previous

Return to IEC Application

User Menu

Login