Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

IEC 2016 updated guide

For all discussion about the IEC application process

by bkbk » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:39 pm

You have to submit current employment details as part of the visa application process. Does anyone know if this is verified with your employer/your employer is contacted during the approval process? My employers dont know about my application for the visa and ultimately intention to leave, and I would rather avoid/preempt any awkward conversations.
bkbk
Checking In

by bankofdad » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:52 pm

There are no checks that am aware of with employers , the approval process for a start simply would not even have any time built in to do so. Expect they ask about employment to judge whether someone has any chance of finding temp work whilst on IEC whereas someone with no employment history is not going to find it any easier in Canada. Doesnt mean in either case wont get approved just one of the criteria plus as with any government they like their stats.
bankofdad
Landing

by bkbk » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:23 am

Ok great, I was hoping that was the case so that's somewhat reassuring.
bkbk
Checking In

by Lizzieorridge102 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Hiya Folks,

Just wondering how everyone is doing with their applications? Only been in the pool a couple of weeks and it is killing me not knowing! Am I right in thinking that invitations get sent out every week? That is the impression I am getting, if so roughly how many do you reckon are sent at one time?

Wishing SOOOOOO much for invitations for me and my boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lizzieorridge102
Checking In

by bkbk » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:20 am

I seem to have been incredibly fortunate so far. I applied for the pool in late November and received an invite to apply in mid-December. Submitted my application on Tuesday evening and received approval and correspondence letter yesterday!
bkbk
Checking In

by cis » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:48 am

when you have to pay $ 230 after a complete upload documents? I only left the medicine and makes it impossible to pay :? :?
cis
Checking In

Previous

Return to IEC Application

User Menu

Login