Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

Australia police certificates

For all discussion about the IEC application process

by Dave » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Hey Barneszilla,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while.

I have received an Australian Police Certificate and a Letter from the Victorian DVLA (Or equivalent) advising I never held a drivers licence in Victoria.

Was all extremely quick and easy to be honest (I'm proud of Australia for that).
Dave
Departure Lounge

by Helenefde » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:17 pm

StressedMum wrote:QUEENSLAND

How to get a Queensland Traffic History
Process for a Release of Information Application

You must provide the following:
• a completed Release of Information Application (F2121)
• a cover letter including the email address or fax number if you wish the report to be sent immediately (a hard copy will be sent to the postal address recorded on the application)
• certified photocopies of three current Evidence of Identity (EOI) documents. For a full list of acceptable
EOI documents, please refer to the Evidence of Identity Requirements for Individuals Information Sheet (F4362)
• Pay an application fee of A$20.95 which is payable by either personal/company cheque, bank cheque or money order issued in Australian dollars (AUD) by an Australian affiliated bank, made payable to The Department of Transport and Main Roads. The application fee is payable for each history extract. TMR does not offer electronic funds transfer, direct deposit or credit card payment option when applying by mail)
• Forward this documentation to the following address:
Department of Transport and Main Roads
Customer Service Support
GPO Box 2451
Brisbane Qld 4001
AUSTRALIA
Please allow up to 10 working days for TMR to process your application from the date it is received.
Please note, when lodging a Release of Information Application from interstate or overseas, an exemption from providing original EOI documents applies and photocopies are acceptable. However, your application cannot be processed if the photocopies of your EOI documents are not clear and certified by an authorised person. Persons authorised to verify the authenticity of documents include:
• Health Professional
• Police Officer
• Consular or Ambassadorial Officer
• Solicitor, Barrister or Judge
• Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner for Declarations
• Notary Public or a person who is authorised by law to witness and sign declarations
The witness must sign and print their full name, position title/designation and contact details (including office stamp). You may have to pay a fee to have these documents witnessed. All documents are required to be witnessed in English or have an English translation.

Hello everyone !

I have sent all the documents for the driver licence history report for Queensland and I was wondering if some people could tell me how long it took for them to actually receive the letter saying that you never held a driver licence in that state ?

I can't find anyone who spoke about processing times . I have three weeks to give the documents to IEC and i'm starting to freak out!

Thanks a lot :)
Helenefde
Checking In

by jessiprior » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:10 am

Hey Helenefde,

Did you have to certify your identity documents? And if so, which documents did you use? All the information I can find just states 'Australian Passport', 'Australian ID Card' etc, the only piece that isn't Australian was a foreign passport, but I need to send 3 pieces. Getting really frustrated, so any help would be amazing!

Thanks,
jessiprior
Checking In

by jessiprior » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:15 am

StressedMum wrote:QUEENSLAND

How to get a Queensland Traffic History
Process for a Release of Information Application

You must provide the following:
• a completed Release of Information Application (F2121)
• a cover letter including the email address or fax number if you wish the report to be sent immediately (a hard copy will be sent to the postal address recorded on the application)
• certified photocopies of three current Evidence of Identity (EOI) documents. For a full list of acceptable
EOI documents, please refer to the Evidence of Identity Requirements for Individuals Information Sheet (F4362)
• Pay an application fee of A$20.95 which is payable by either personal/company cheque, bank cheque or money order issued in Australian dollars (AUD) by an Australian affiliated bank, made payable to The Department of Transport and Main Roads. The application fee is payable for each history extract. TMR does not offer electronic funds transfer, direct deposit or credit card payment option when applying by mail)
• Forward this documentation to the following address:
Department of Transport and Main Roads
Customer Service Support
GPO Box 2451
Brisbane Qld 4001
AUSTRALIA
Please allow up to 10 working days for TMR to process your application from the date it is received.
Please note, when lodging a Release of Information Application from interstate or overseas, an exemption from providing original EOI documents applies and photocopies are acceptable. However, your application cannot be processed if the photocopies of your EOI documents are not clear and certified by an authorised person. Persons authorised to verify the authenticity of documents include:
• Health Professional
• Police Officer
• Consular or Ambassadorial Officer
• Solicitor, Barrister or Judge
• Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner for Declarations
• Notary Public or a person who is authorised by law to witness and sign declarations
The witness must sign and print their full name, position title/designation and contact details (including office stamp). You may have to pay a fee to have these documents witnessed. All documents are required to be witnessed in English or have an English translation.

Frustratingly, the F4362 form only has Australian identity on there and only 1 piece of acceptable foreign. However, they state they need 3 pieces, and all notarized, do you have any idea if there is any information elsewhere on what foreign evidence is acceptable?

Thanks!!
jessiprior
Checking In

by Nicola24494 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Dave wrote:Hey Barneszilla,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while.

I have received an Australian Police Certificate and a Letter from the Victorian DVLA (Or equivalent) advising I never held a drivers licence in Victoria.

Was all extremely quick and easy to be honest (I'm proud of Australia for that).

Hello! How were you able to get this certificate and letter? What is the process? And are you aware of a similar certificate that QLD TMR might provide?
Thank you!

Nicola
Nicola24494
Checking In

by wrefers » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:24 am

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help on this topic.

I need a traffic history report from Queensland, and have read the other replies in this thread, yet I was wondering if I need to do all the stages "Stressedmum" posted as I never obtained a Australian drivers license. If that is the case does anyone know how I can get evidence from the Queensland roads authority, stating I never had one?
Or do I still need to apply for a traffic history report.

Many thanks, Alex.
wrefers
Checking In

Previous

Return to IEC Application

User Menu

Login