Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum A community of people who are looking to, or have already moved to Canada on the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme

Awaiting new passport, yet to start IEC application.

For all general discussion

by kmc0091108 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi guys,

I'm from the UK and finally received my invitation after 8 months of applying!!

The passport which I used to enter the pool is now expired and i'm awaiting my new one which will arrive before 24th Feb.

I have until the 9th of Feb to decide to apply (which I am) and then 20 days to complete the application.

In the meantime I need to apply for my police check which takes 8 days, I did read when applying for your permit if you show receipt of application to ACRO for the police check this is fine.

I'm stuck on whether to apply for my ACRO check with my expired passport to move things along quicker, as CIC website states "If you’ve submitted your work permit application, If you don’t have your port of entry (POE) letter of introduction" to scan your new passport using the Webform.

So in short, would you wait until I get my new passport then start my application, or send for my ACRO now and update further down the line?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
kmc0091108
Checking In

Return to General Discussion

User Menu

Login